Thursday, May 6, 2010

Decorative Wall Shelf

Hey! I know, I know, it’s been about a week since my last post and I use to post at least four times a week… But finals, my ex-boss calling me in to do work for him (which is very much appreciated, who couldn’t use extra $$$) and more finals. Oh and did I mention my grams (the best Grams ever) is having a triple bypass  tomorrow? Yup, and she is in her mid 60’s, young!  So needless to say I am wound up tight… Everyone pray for a successful surgery please!

 

Onto my project, I got these gold shelves from my grams.

shelvesb4

And ever since I had done my wall art with Veda's old Easter dress I knew this wall needed to be dressed up to compliment the picture. But this gold was wayyyyyy to bright. So I pulled out my fav thing, crackled spray paint!!! Does anyone use this anymore? I am and forever will be in love with it, I have an end table I used it on as well… So a quick and easy application of crackle spray paint later,

 

cloeupshelf

LOVEloveLOVElove! I pulled some accessories from around the house, the shelf with the cross still needs some work, but not bad for using what I had lying around! I also rubbed a bit of the antique bronze acrylic glaze on, it is not super noticeable, but it pulled in the browns from my picture frame a bit.

(Please excuse the bad pic, I literally just finished and it’s midnight)

 

fulledit

SO I am in love, and I think they work well with my frame that I love, what do you think?

And do you know what is underneath these wall decorations??? Only my mothers day present, but that, will have to wait for another post because I am still tweaking it! (Am I the only one who asks for “project” related things for mothers day?)


Punkin Seed Productions

4 comments:

  1. What a great redo! It turned out so nice. Thanks so much for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I would never guess that the before and after were the same things! Beautiful - I love them! Thanks so much for planting your creative seed at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very useful and nice, (Classic !!!!)

    I saw those a few months back and was thinking about buying one.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. You are so talented. I have been trying to do my own thing for a while but I think I will probably have to buy decorative shelves if I expect mine to look anything like yours.

    ReplyDelete